- 2013-06-02: Announcing AGSE 2013 at HFT's partner UIniversity.
- 2012-02-06: Announcing IIITM-K Summer School on Environmental Informatics
- 2012-02-06: WCTS Version 2 is available as a service as well.
- 2011-08-31: Domain succesfully moved to new server.
- 2011-08-01: OpenCTS Version 2 is avaialble at http://geoweb.hft-stuttgart.de/openwctsv2/
- 2011-07-04: Green Energy GIS added to this site.
- Server maintenance at 11/07/2010: 00:00 a.m. - 01:00 a.m. Interrupts of the Internetservices, 01:30 a.m. - 07:00 a.m. Internetservices not avaiable
- More than 100 registered participants at Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment 2010 in Arequipa
- Contour lines avalaible. Christoph Eckert converted SRTM dataset into tiles containing OSM contour lines. The tiles are available online on this server (Jan 10, 2010).
- 8. Vermessungsingenieurtag und 1. Geodätentag der HFT Stuttgart, 12. November 2010
- More than 80 participants from 20 countries at Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment 2009
- SRTM tiles available online (Saturday, January 9th, 2010)
Geodata and Services
The aim of this service is to make data products available based on freely available DTM data, e.g., data of NASA's Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM).
While in developed countries usually governmental or private nation-wide efforts generate and maintain address data, in less developed countries such geodata are still not available. The main objective of this project is the availability of a worldwide free address database for developed and developing countries. The application aims to collect data as well to provide a geocoding service.
The complexity of data handling with different spatial reference system can be observed by many of spatial data users.
opencts.org offers a Web Coordinate Transformation Service (WCTS) with optimization of recent development in Geography Markup Language (GML) to allow complete feature data processing.
Version 2 is avaialble at geoweb.hft-stuttgart.de/openwctsv2/.
Feb 06, 2012: Version 2 is available as a service as well.
Green Energy GIS
What kind of renewable energy resources are used in Germany? Where are potential locations?
X3D DOM visualization
X3D DOM visualization can be performed in modern browsers, as it is demonstrated in this student project
SUAS MapServer supports OGC's Web Map Server Implementation Specification (WMS) and a few other services like 3D representation. Geo-data is converted to Well-known Text (WKT) and stored in database management system, retrieved by SUAS upon user request and transferred - optionally compressed - through the Internet for client-side visualization, e.g., OpenLayers clients.